It’s no-brainer that videos are a highly effective way of conveying information. And with the rise of short-form content, video marketing is skyrocketing. Studies reveal that 33% of marketers invest more in short-form video content than other marketing strategies.
Just open Instagram or YouTube and you will notice that your feed is flooded with short-form video content. This format has become so popular that even other platforms like LinkedIn and Pinterest have gotten on this bandwagon.
What are Short-Form Videos?
These videos are usually less than 60 seconds, though some can be as long as three minutes. They are gaining popularity on social media platforms like Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube. Every industry leader is heavily investing in short-form video marketing for some good reasons:
- Most consumers prefer short videos
- Short-form videos have the highest ROI
- They are more likely to go viral
- They are bite-sized, easily digestible
Why Short-Form Content for Video Marketing?
We live in a fast-paced age in which time or patience is of the essence. We love easily digestible content that packs a punch, making short-form videos the perfect solution to satisfy our ever-changing needs. Below are a few key benefits of using short content for video marketing:
* Quality engagement: A message becomes more powerful when it’s short and concise. The same applies to short-form videos. They get more responses than static content. Instagram Reels, for instance, get 10x more interactions than other content.
* High SEO ranking: Most search engine algorithms prioritize short-form video content, helping your website’s SEO performance. Google, for instance, ranks a website when visitors spend substantial time watching a video on it.
* Adaptability to mobile: Today’s consumers are glued to their smartphones. Since most internet users are accessing content through mobile phones, short-form video marketing is thriving. These are tailor-made videos for mobile consumption.
* High ROI: After seeing a brand’s video on social media or a website, consumers are 2.6x more likely to complete a transaction. Thus, it makes sense to pay greater attention to short-form video content due to its strong conversion rate.
Best Practices for Short-Form Video Marketing
So, are you ready to start creating and implementing your own short-form video marketing strategy? Keep these simple rules of thumb in mind as you approach video marketing services:
* Reuse/Repurpose Videos
Nearly every major social media platform is rolling out its own short-form video features, so repurposing makes sense. No need to start from scratch. To get the ball rolling, start repurposing longer videos you currently have.
Pre-made video templates are a great way to streamline the process of repurposing. For example, you can find a Reel you like on Instagram and then tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to enable the “Use as template” feature.
* Harness the Power of UGC
UGC or user-generated content is a valuable asset in video marketing. It allows an audience to directly connect with a brand on a personal level. So, incorporate UGC in your short-form video content marketing in India.
To ensure success, encourage your audience to share their own short-form videos that showcase their experiences with your brand, products, or services. This approach will help you build trust, foster a sense of community, and strengthen your brand’s message.
* Keep Your Eyes on Trends
Keep a close, keen eye on the latest trends that can influence the performance of your short-form video marketing strategy. Look for common patterns that indicate what resonates best with your target audience.
This is a great way to fine-tune your content strategy and create highly targeted videos. To truly capitalize on short-form videos, make sure you continually analyze and optimize your strategy for the best video content marketing in India.
* Use Multiple Formats
While a large portion of viewers use mobile phones to view short-form vertical videos, they’re increasingly moving to other familiar places. For example, TV is YouTube’s fastest-growing screen these days. So, it’s wise to design for different formats and screens. Once a short-form video gets published, look at the data using video marketing services.
* Don’t be Afraid to Experiment
Whether you are looking for new themes, trends, or tones that work for your video content marketing in India, you have to experiment a lot. Don’t be afraid to try different Instagram Reel ideas and YouTube trends. Keep learning! Get creative and test various video ideas, such as behind-the-scenes content, FAQs, product hacks, and educational videos.
1. What makes a short-form video effective?
An engaging short-form video offers something of value to the viewer. Its attention spans are short, so the video should be able to capture attention instantly and nurture it throughout the whole video.
2. How to make a short-form video engaging?
People love watching emotional videos. One simple thing you can do is to evoke emotions like humor and sympathy.
3. What platforms are best for short-form video marketing?
Among the most-watched short-form video platforms are Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, and Snapchat Spotlight.